Protecting Students, Families And Schools — Advancing Knowledge
Our Approach to Privacy
Our team is committed to understanding, anticipating and protecting the privacy, confidentiality and safety of students, teachers and schools.
We DO NOT collect Personally Identifiable Information (PII) from students – information such as name, address, full date of birth, telephone number, Student Information System (SIS) number or the like. Beyond this, we will not collect information that, when combined, may identify a student with “reasonable certainty.”
We report GROUPRESULTS only. Individual student results are generated for schools ONLY with prior written approval from students and their parents.
We NEVER share, sell or otherwise distribute data collected through our engagements with schools.
Finally, consistent with The Protection of Pupil Rights Amendment (PPRA), 20 U.S.C. § 1232h, the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA) and the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA) we will ALWAYS obtain parental consent prior to collecting any of the following types of information:
- Political affiliations or beliefs of the student or student’s parent;
- Mental or psychological problems of the student or student’s family;
- Sexual behavior or attitudes;
- Illegal, anti-social, self-incriminating, or demeaning behavior;
- Critical appraisals of others with whom respondents have close family relationships;
- Legally recognized privileged relationships, such as with lawyers, doctors, or ministers;
- Religious practices, affiliations, or beliefs of the student or parents; or
We encourage your questions and concerns and are happy to discuss our approach to privacy with you during initial consultations.
The EduMetrics Team